The fourth Debian is (probably) luckyPosted: September 2, 2010
So today I had this great idea. I’m going to scrape the Xubuntu (with bits and pieces of GNOME and KDE) install and put Debian Squeeze on there instead. Yes, I failed here before, but this time I actually have a plan (unbelievable! :roll:).
Now, here’s what I’ll do:
- Standard installation of Debian Squeeze base (the one I did before).
- Use Keryx to get a minimal install of IceWM, plus NetworkManager and modemmanager (for the ZTE).
- Connect to the Internet via my ZTE modem using NetworkManager.
- Use the instructions here to download and install the Broadcom driver.
- Set up that ugly framebuffer to look good in widescreen. As detailed here, I guess.
And then, provided it works, I’ll configure IceWM to look like Windows 2000, as K.Mandla detailed here.😈